Wednesday, October 20, 2010

sewing for the girl.

While Maxi got to sport some new pants fresh from under Mama's new machine, Mad got a dress. I made the Prairie Blouse from the book, Seams to Me, and added some extra length since I knew my girl would love another dress. Who knew a recycled ivory bed sheet could look so pretty with a little bit of floral bias strip binding?! The fabric I made the binding with was a pretty cotton I found in the remnant section at Joann, which means the total cost of this dress was about $3, since I had to buy a new package of elastic as well. And about that book, I am slowly gaining confidence in my sewing skills, and plan to make just about every project in it. They are all so lovely.





of course, i do feel like she needs cowgirl boots and a floral head wreath to complete the outfit.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress - good job! I love the photo of Madee and Mike.

    ReplyDelete