Tuesday, October 19, 2010

maxi pants.

Now that I think about it, the title of this post is a little awkward.

I'm so happy with my new sewing machine. I feel like I can sew superfast!! In fact, I was able to whip up these little pants in just over an hour (after I had the fabrics all cut out). I was inspired by the little pants in Anna Maria Horner's (go ahead and follow that link, there is SO MUCH inspiration on her blog!!) book, Handmade Beginnings, which I still hope to someday acquire. Instead, I made the pants from this book, which I already had, and just kind of improvised making them reversible. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but the pattern I used didn't leave much room in the rise for diapers and they definitely would not fit if we were still using our cloth diapers (which Maxi has outgrown!!).





 It seems to me that these little legs were specially designed to run crazyfast through deep pea gravel, whereas mommy legs were not.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment