Saturday, July 30, 2011

favorite skirt.

I've been needing a skirt like this for weeks now. It turns out this babe is riding pretty l o w, and I cannot stand waistbands. Even my full panel maternity jeans feel like they are cutting into my guts when I sit. I keep telling my husband I'm going to go find some giant, tacky mu-mu's on my next thrifting adventure (now that I see these, the mu-mu seems even more tempting), but I'm glad I have this skirt in my life so it doesn't have to come to that.

 Helllllllo stripes! I can't get enough of them and I don't even care if it's a complete fashion faux-pa. Is it?

 All I did to make this skirt was find an over-sized tee on the clearance rack at Old Navy...

 ...Then I cut the shirt off at the armpits, folded over a 1in waist and inserted some 1/4in elastic (it's just what I had closest to me). Similar to this tutorial, but without the A-line shaping. Easy peasy! 

This skirt is SO comfy!! It sits right under my belly, and I can't even feel the elastic. I might wear this every day for the rest of the summer. And then I might get some leggings and continue to wear it through the fall. I'm thinking it will be a great post-baby wear as well!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment