Sunday, May 15, 2011

bitty booties!

 I knit these sweet booties up for a coworker who is adopting her first babe this summer.
I can't wait to give them to her!!

The pattern is Christine's Stay-On Baby Booties, and I used some of the leftover yarn from this project I knit last year. I messed around with the size a little as the original sole I knit was literally the size of a domino. I know newborns are small, but not quite that small. You can find the details on my ravelry page. These knit up so quickly and took so little yarn. LOVE them!! I already cast on another pair for my own babe, and have plenty of time to knit another pair in every color of the rainbow before he/she arrives this Fall. :)

This photo has nothing to do with the booties, but when Madelynn found these funny little crochet flowers stashed away in my knitting bag she decided they should adorn our rhodies for now. Love her! 

Hope your weekend is just as lovely as can be! 
:)

1 comment:

  1. I love your version of the booties - and I'm so glad you posted a photo of Madee's 'wildflowers'!

    ReplyDelete