Tuesday, May 31, 2011

crazy colors crochet!

One of these days I might have a finished project to show you. I do finish things sometimes, I promise. But for now, I want to show you what I most recently started. It's a granny stripe baby blanket for my babes. I'm making it large enough in hopes that all three of my babes will enjoy snuggling with it on the couch. Being mostly a knitter, I'm always surprised at how fast it seems crochet projects go. I only started this blankie two nights ago and already, it's a third of the way done. Loving it!

The colors in the first photo appear a little brighter than they actually are. It's a bright, colorful blanket for sure, but many of the colors are a little more muted than they actually appear. The yarn I'm using is a Knit Picks yarn called Crayon, which is a soft cotton yarn that's fairly cheap (which is why I had enough in my stash to make a whole blanket long before I had the skills or desire to do so. ;) )

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be the blanket the kids fight over. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - it looks great! I love how fast crochet is too. It's my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a long time crocheter and am just breaking into knitting (working on socks for the kids). I love your blanket, I always prefer nice bright bold colors for babies and kids over pastels! Anything "granny" are among my favorite stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color choices. I just started a smaller version of this same blanket in "lemon" and "pink" for a baby due later this year. I love the pattern! It does go quick. :)

    ReplyDelete