Tuesday, April 28, 2009

weekend in bellingham...

We had a GREAT weekend visiting Annie and Todd and baby Remi in Bellingham. It was almost a year since last time we were there, so it was definitely a due visit. We left Olympia around 1pm on Friday after picking up cousin Seth from the bus station, and made it to Bellingham around 5:30 after a few pit stops and detours--travelling with little ones is a little more time consuming! On Saturday Karl had a show in Seattle and took Annie along with him, while Seth and Todd hung out at the tattoo shop, which left me and MadMax on our own in Bellingham while we waited for my good friend Bobbi to get off work. I decided it would be best for me to drive around to find something to entertain Madelynn, since a bored toddler is a mischeif maker! We found this beautiful park on the water and when I turned around to point out the boats, Madelynn was fast asleep! So Max and I and Madee sat in the quiet, breezy van napping before going to meet Bobbi. It was a nice change in pace from the rest of our fun-filled weekend. On our way home on Sunday, we stopped by Leslie's house for a BBQ, which was another very due visit. Madelynn had a blast playing with the cousins--she was beyond thrilled to see Hunter!! She has missed him a lot ever since they moved up north. We had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again! But for now, I wore myself out and will be taking it easy to try and make up for the lack of rest...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see everyone. great picture of you and Annie!! Love the "popper." idea. yumm

    ReplyDelete