Monday, June 7, 2010

we signed up for what?

karl and i signed up for a race today. we may be out of our minds. nearly two years ago we started talking about getting into shape more, and wishing we had some fun motivation... something to "train" for. that was when the idea of triathlons started being mentioned around our house. since then we have talked about it often, but have managed to completely avoid really doing anything about it. until today, when we found out about this warrior race. it seems to me to be kind of like field day from elementary school, but for grown ups. plus, everybody is given a free fuzzy viking helmet and a beer. what more could you ask for when it comes to motivation to work out? the first part of our training plan includes tracking down a used jogging stroller, so that we can get out and run with the kiddies in tow. i'll occasionally post updates of our progress.

:)

3 comments:

  1. fun fun fun! I'll keep my eye out when I drive by the used baby store by my house, they always have good jogging strollers out for sale. I'll let you know if I come across a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! that is super helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete