Friday, April 10, 2009

dirt!


We started our seeds today! I am so excited to have a garden this year, that I couldn't wait to get our seeds started. This photo is funny, because as tough as Madee is, she really does NOT like to get her hands dirty. I had to convince her it was ok to touch the dirt in order to cover the seeds, and she wiped her hands with a baby wipe between each one... silly girl!



Here is what we ended up with. Sure, its not much to look at now, but in a few days we'll have a tiny "green house" filled with about a zillion tomato plants. In fact, I may have gone a little overboard with the tomatoes, but I'm hoping to have enough to can some marinara and salsa. We also started some hot mystery peppers (who knew all the seeds look exactly the same?!) and some bell peppers.

I suck at house plants and flowers, but I'm hoping that since these will get to be eaten in the end, I'll have special motivation to keep them all alive.... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment