Monday, July 16, 2012

15 minutes a day




Life has been wonderfully full lately. I think that's the best way to put it. I haven't been knitting or sewing much because we are just busy doing other things. But it hit me a few days ago that I haven't been able to have that creative time that really seems to fuel me, and I have found myself longing for the opportunity to sit at my machine or knit, and finally finish something. I discussed this with my husband's aunt recently and she said something about just trying to carve 15 minutes out of each day to do something you love. So I thought, sure, there's no reason why I can't find 15 minutes somewhere in my day to create. It has definitely felt amazing. No where near my plethora of finished objects I showed you all while I was pregnant with Milo, but man just sneaking in a few stitches here and there or sewing up a couple seams after the kiddos are in bed sure does feel good. It's an outlet I guess I need to stay centered, and feel like I'm doing something real and tangible. On that note, I decided to completely spoil myself and take my mom out on a knitting date. We enjoyed lavender and rhubarb soda in the park and got nearly a whole hour of knitting time in. Amazing. The sweater I recently started probably won't be finished anytime soon, but it sure feels good to know that its at least in progress and in 15 minutes a day, row by row, I'm knitting again.

1 comment:

  1. That WAS a nice evening, wasn't it? Thanks, Sweetie :-)

    ReplyDelete