Tuesday, March 1, 2011

pillow!

 Here is the pillow I finished for Mad's room. I am entering it in the Blogger's Pillow Party. What fun!

 I ended up making a scrappy log cabin (of sorts) for the front panel, and experimented with quilting it to a small piece of batting.

 Here's a better look at what I did. I love the way the stitch lines formed squares at the corners, it really adds to the "quilty" look I was going for. The owl is a left over piece of fabric I had hand screen printed a while back.

I added some embroidered tree detail.

 And appliquéd some leaves.

And in case you're curious, I sewed my first ever envelope back (super easy!) out of an old sheet, which means I didn't even have to hem the envelope opening since I just cut my pieces from the edge.

Success! She approves. 
:)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you both! I pretty sure my house is going to be covered in pillows by the end of the month. It's such a nice, small project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, especially your daughter hugging the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable owl! love the tree detailing. hope your little one loves her new pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at those leaves. Such a great tree!

    ReplyDelete