Saturday, March 12, 2011

handmade baby toys.


I am loving these sweet little soft baby blocks I made today for my niece who will be born in a few weeks. I used this tutorial over at Zaaberry and they couldn't have been easier. After reading the comments on the tutorial, I decided to try making one block "crinkle" by putting a piece of plastic from a grocery bag inside, along with the fiberfil stuffing. It worked like a charm! I also put a jingle bell inside one of the blocks, and then left the third plain, but with an extra couple ribbon "tags". I'm pretty sure my little niece-to-be will love them, and I'm going to make up some more for my little sweet little nephew who is now sitting up and playing toys.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. great job. I've experimented with chip bags. A tortilla chip bag was the thickest and definitely the loudest.
    I've also taken a little watchmaker's tin and put bead inside, then taped it shut for a shaker sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks infant play mat

    ReplyDelete