Monday, April 18, 2011

a little thing to sew.


This weekend, while I was busy sewing away at some projects for next weekend, I was able to fit in a fun little project for my girlie. I made the bucket hat from the book Little Things to Sew
 I fell in love with this book the first time I saw it, based on the photos alone. The projects are great, too. This is the first one I've made from the book, and it went together in a snap. Madee had fun picking out the fabric for the lining and loves that the hat is reversible so she can change her look. ;)
 I ended up making the size large (sz 7-9), which fits my taller-than-average 4 year old pretty well. I always feel like hat sizing is on the small side with most patterns in general--knit and crochet ones included, but that's probably just because we all have grande cabezas in this house.
 You can see here that my sewing isn't perfect, which is why I love sewing for my kids--they hardly notice that I can't sew straight! This project was pretty technical for me, which means I learned a lot. I like books like this though because while some of the projects are just above my skill level, I'm not too scared to try them since botching them wouldn't be a huge fabric loss.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment