Tuesday, August 11, 2009

camping equals...

...first time fishing expeditions, bbq'd s'mores, using carseat as high-chair, relaxing by the river, and spending time with rarely-seen friends. This weekend I had the pleasure of taking my fam up to a friend's quaint cabin in the woods of Chinook Pass, and we had an awesome time! My kidlets enjoyed being doted upon by some newly-married and some newly-engaged couples, and I was really amazed at how well my babes handled being out in the wilderness. Madelynn took along her brand new pink fishing pole (which Daddy got stuck holding time and time again) and enjoyed some river fishing. She also was very interested in leaving treats outside the cabin door for all her "chickamunk" friends. Both my kids sported overalls the first day we were there, and I quickly realized that they will ALWAYS wear overalls when we camp--it made for a very handy way to pull them out of dangerous situations (ok, maybe not dangerous ones, but muddy, smelly, rivery ones for sure!).

The drive there and back was definitely part of the adventure as well. The mountain highway had some crazy switchbacks and was drowning in fog... made me pretty nervous! But we made it safely home and enjoyed a beautiful Sunday. The weather at home was much warmer, breezier, and well... just perfect... for drying diapers!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your logic for having the kids wear overalls!

    I also LOVE the photo of diapers drying on the line. It's one of the things that make me feel, no matter what is really happening, all is well with the world.

    ReplyDelete