Monday, September 21, 2009

something to aspire to...

I haven't read Elizabeth Zimmerman's books. In fact, I haven't read anything but childrens' books for a while. I like to completely immerse myself in my reads, and there's not much time for that with two littles running around. So instead, I knit. My mom knits too, and she reads. And she just so happened to read some Elizabeth Zimmerman. She told me Elizabeth Zimmerman had been known to knit while reading. That's some crazy-cool multitasking skills, if you ask me. Now, I don't think I'm comparable to Elizabeth Zimmerman at all--trust me, I'm not!-- but I do think that knitting while reading aloud to children is definitely something to aspire to!


PS- as if I don't already have enough cast on, I decided to also add the the list a pair of pants for Maximus. So cute!! :)

Be well!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....Strega Nona. I love me some Tomie DePaola---the best! I've actually looked into getting some of his artwork as prints to hang in my house. Mucho expensive! No dice. Let me know how Elizabeth Z. goes. I've looked at her books, but have been intimidated. See ya Thursday.

    ReplyDelete