Friday, February 25, 2011

lemony-limeny.

Or does it look more like mustard and wasabi? Either way, I love these yarns together, even though I'm not working on a project using both of them together. I started the one in yellow a few weeks ago, on a trip to Portland. There's just no denying that small gauge, single-color projects are MUCH more portable than most larger ones, especially if the larger one is striped with about seven different colors, which means juggling seven balls of yarn around...

Back to the yellow. My mom came up with a great scarft/shawl pattern a few months ago, and I love it, so she generously supplied me with that skein of fingering weight yarn to "test knit" it. :)

The green project is my first pair of adult socks, and my first (somewhat) involved lace pattern. I'm knitting these babies up for myself for my birthday. Which isn't really anytime soon, but I'll need a few weeks if I actually plan to have them finished in time! I chose green (also out of my mother's stash. Happy Birthday, right?) so I don't get pinched

Both of these yarns are from Knit Picks, since that's where mom and I get most our yarn-- lots of colors + super affordable = sold!

1 comment:

  1. Great progress and great photos - no wonder we love this yarn so much!

    ReplyDelete