Friday, October 10, 2014

quick and easy paper bunting

So I've been wanting to sew a fabric bunting forever, for everything, but mostly for my sweet Madee girl's room. But I haven't. Yet. I still might do it someday... maybe as a housewarming gift after she grows up and moves away (waaaaaaah!). But what I did do was so easy and is perfectly what I was going for. 



On the eve of my darlin's birthday I was beating myself up about not sewing up fancy decorations--she LOVES decorations--for the 8th anniversary of her birth, in between nursing a newborn, and keeping three others alive. And then I was wishing I had a whole stash of vintage floral fabrics, instead of just a couple pillowcases. And then I remembered that I've had a 4x6in stack of scrap booking paper that hasn't seen the light of day since I bought it, put in my "craft drawer" and promptly forgot about for 5 years. Ahem. 


All I did was cut out triangles, 4 inches wide by 6 inches long, hole punched them and strung them onto some raffia ribbon I've also been holding onto for far too long. SO easy, and she loved it. And I plan to hang it up in her room when (if??) we finish painting it, so she can feel fancy every day. 

7 comments:

  1. Bravo mama! Sometimes that is all it takes...is letting go of the "ideal" project that brews in your mind forever, but for whatever (very good) reason doesn't happen!

    Love the lovely bunting, and I imagine your little birthday girl loves it too...never minding a minute that it isn't vintage fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I need to practice that more often--letting go of the "ideal"--often what comes out instead is more practical and just as satisfying.

      Delete
  2. Cute!!! I might try this for the littles bday coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! I was pleasantly surprised how much Madelynn loved it, compared to how easy it was. she still has it hanging in her room. makes for a cute decoration. :) and goodness. how is Sarah almost FOUR?!?

      Delete
    2. do it! I was pleasantly surprised how much Madelynn loved it, compared to how easy it was. she still has it hanging in her room. makes for a cute decoration. :) and goodness. how is Sarah almost FOUR?!?

      Delete