Monday, February 17, 2014

another shirt that fits! {maternity sewing}



Yay for another shirt that covers the belly! I followed this tutorial over on DIY Maternity using one of my thrifted button-ups and am SO happy with the result. I also added some cap sleeves, using this tutorial from Suburbs Mama. I'm not sure yet whether to keep them as they are or take them off and try again. I'm wishing they were slightly more fitted, I think.



Unfortunately I don't think this shirt is going to see it to the end of my pregnancy, since I probably won't stop growing for the next 3 months...


But the button front and the general shape of the shirt is making me think I could definitely use it after baby arrives as a shirt that's handy to nurse in. *fingers crossed* I always seem to have a hard time finding tops that don't cost a zillion dollars that are convenient for nursing. I usually end up just layering up tees with stretchy camisoles, but that doesn't lend itself well to all occasions.

29 weeks!

Not too bad for about $4 and a couple hours of sewing therapy. :)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! ...and purple...the best!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find that purple has definitely been growing on me lately. :)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog, for know more related to hp printer setup hp printer setup

    ReplyDelete