Wednesday, September 12, 2012

a contest.

I just found a super fun contest on one of my favorite blogs, which lead me to finally discover how everyone is making those super cool photo mosaics (yay!!). The contest is a fabric mosaic in which you choose 12 fabrics from Fresh Modern Fabrics to depict your interpretation of the phrase "Softly Against Black". The winner gets a fat quarter set of their fabric mosaic. What fun! This is the first time I've created a mosaic and I had a ton of fun. I'm thinking this will be a great tool for sewing/decorating inspiration and can't wait to use it more.

What I first thought of after reading about the contest was actually my own painting that I recently hung in the kids' room (does that make me egotistical? wait. don't answer that).


I am also super inspired by the soft color pallet and whimsy that is captured in these art prints, which are on my wish list for my kiddos' room. Imagine them hanging on a gray wall... "soft against black."
1 2 3 4


Anyway, after looking at some amazing fabric, here is my mosaic:



Don't forget to hop on over to Stitched in Color and join in on the fun! 




2 comments:

  1. I love your painting. It looks very "Anthropologie". Lovely mosaic as well.

    ReplyDelete