Monday, December 20, 2010

for the dolls (gift idea!)

Hello again! I've been away from Blogland for awhile, due to the breakage of my computer. Max and I, with our powers combined, can do quite a number on technological devices it turns out. We're a team. One day we'll learn to use our powers for good. Until then, Karl does his best to keep a watchful eye on our computer and cell phone activities. Ha!

I'm just going to post a quick gift idea. I literally finished these in just a few hours last week and have been wanting to post about it ever since! Doll sweaters! Ta-da! This is just one of Madelynn's homemade gifts, as this year Karl and I agreed to make most of our family's Christmas gifts this year. I'll share more after Christmas, but I wanted to direct you to this pattern I used because it is so super fast you could easily make it for your girlie, a niece, a friend. Plus, if you're new to knitting sweaters, this is a good way to get a glimpse of the construction of one, while keeping yarn costs down. :)

The pattern is great as written. I only modified mine to save my wrists from purling--I think they have been bothering me due to my recent increase in small-gauge knitting (socks!). So I'll take a break from that and cross my fingers in hopes that a rest is all my wrists need. :) Anyhow, you can visit my ravelry page if you'd like to see the specs.

Have a very Merry Christmas!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment